Monday, January 21, 2008

Summing up the Weekend!


With my first week of work under my belt, I was privledged to have a nice long 3 day weekend thanks to Martin Luther King Jr. day today! The weekend was great with the exception of the Packer loss of course, but I watched the game with a bunch of fellow Wisconsinites thanks to Karissa! On Saturday, Karissa and I ventured out to meet up with some people I met through facebook, yes facebook! I had a great time, with the exception of getting lost walking downtown for 1.5 hours! It was wonderful to see some of the cities nightlife and get to know some new people. Today I decided to go hiking in Discovery Park. The park is right on the Pudget Sound which took about a half hour drive. I hiked for about 3 hours because the view was just TOO good! The pictures are from the park. It was a beautifully clear day with the Olympus mountains to the north and Mt. Rainer to the south. With so many changes in my personal and professional life in the past couple weeks, I have found great healing, serenity, and comfort in the beauty of this city!
I am excited to go back to work this week. On Tuesday and Wednesday, I am attending a training at the Children's hospital with my boss. The training is on using patients as advisors. This means that we will be learning how to teach patients to use their experiences to teach resident doctors how to deal with irregular situations. The training is specific to parents who have special needs children. My boss would like to have our department create a similar training that could be used for different specialties.
All in all, I am beginning to settle in to my new surroundings and contiuning to explore the area. Hope all is well!
God Bless!

No comments: